Tuesday 16 November 2010

39 Sleeps to go...

I can't believe it is already less than 40 days until Christmas!!
We usually enjoy the pleasure of Thanksgiving in our home  on the first Saturday after the official American Thanksgiving, mainly because over here it is not a holiday so the children are at school and David is working. But This year that would be celebrating on the 27th and 28th, the 28th being Samuel's birthday. So this year we decided at the weekend we would bring it forward.  This however means getting everything prepared to put up decoration..... THIS SATURDAY!!!
So much work to do! I need to buy the oasis for making the stairway swags and mantel piece swags and flowers to dress them. I need to choose photo's and get them printed to go in the photo frame tree decorations. Loads and loads more to do. 
I have spent the afternoon searching for a florist wholesale shop to buy my swag supplies from,to no avail. I know exactly were to go if we still lived in Essex but up here not a clue.
Never mind old faithful Ebay will no doubt be of assistance but unlikely by the weekend,they may have to go up later than the rest. On the upside a wonderful friend of mine has said I can raid her garden for Ivy and Spruce!!

I have a couple more pictures finished from Saturday's shoot here they are...

Not sure which of these two I prefer, probably  the bottom one

And then there is this one...


Well hope you are all well and getting some good progress on your own festive preparations!

No comments:

Post a Comment