I have no idea what to write today because I am doing secret things!
I am spending the evening putting together my homemade gifts for my favourite person in the whole world. So I am afraid it is all top secret.
Maybe we can all make a stand this year and not spend a fortune on store bought gifts which by two months down the line we can't even remember what we got.
So off the top of my head here are some ideas:
- A voucher book - filled with all sorts of things you know will make the recipients day. Like a sleep in, breakfast in bed, A candle lite dinner etc.
- Homemade candles
- Homemade soap.
- Homemade sweets
- A gourmet gift basket
- Find out from his/her parents what they always want and look on ebay or in vintage stores and buy it to surprise them.
- Take some photos and have them made into an album or get them put on a canvas. If a canvas is too expensive then have it made into a large poster and buy a secondhand frame from a charity shop.
- Make up some jars with recipe for cakes and cookies and soups.
- Make up a hamper filled to the brim with things that he/she will love to help them relax; like a book, hot chocolate, a mug, bubble bath, some of their favorite chocolate.
- Buy old maps of places you have been together and frame them.
- Book them a day at a spa and take the day off work so you can look after the children and then cook a special dinner.
So go to and make things.... come back and tell me what you have been up to.... in secret if needs be!