Our Fabulous PTA have arranged a special meal at the Blacksmith Arms in Everton, to celebrate Mothers Day.
For this we decided as the pub doesn't offer dessert we would instead, which The Blacksmith Arms where kind enough to agree too.
I tried making cupcakes in my lovely new oven....
Big ones did well but I only had ten cake cases.....
So I decided to make some smaller ones.....
They did not do so well : (
So I gave up on cupcakes and decided to make cheesecakes instead!
These are much easier and always come out the way you want them.
Here is what I did:
Double Chocolate, Coconut and Vanilla Cheesecakes
- 500g Ricotta
- 600g White Chocolate
- A Packet of Maryland Chocolate Chip and Coconut Cookies
- 150g Salted Butter
- Vanilla Extract
- 15 Chocolate Cake Cases
- Chocolate Shavings to Decorate
- Chocolate Swirls to Decorate
How to make them
- Begin by setting out your cases in a tray, take care as they are very breakable.
- Break up the cookies in a food processor until they are breadcrumb sized.
- Melt you butter.
- Mix the cookies and the butter together thoroughly.
- Place the mixture into the bottom of the cake cases, compress gently.
- Place the cases into the fridge to set the base.
- Melt your chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water until completely melted.
- Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and add a generous amount of vanilla extract to the chocolate and stir well.
- Mix into the chocolate mixture the ricotta (be careful to remove any liquid from the cheese as it will separate the finished mixture), mix well, I use my Kenwood Chef for this.
- Leave the mixture to rest for at least five minutes.
- Then mix it again for 2 minutes and then place into a icing bag with a large nozzle.
- Squeeze generously into the cake cases
- Sprinkle the Chocolate shavings over and decorate with the chocolate swirls.
- Place int he fridge to set for at least 1 hour.
I hope you like my recipe and give it a try yourself, they are scrummy!!