Sunday 27 February 2011

In memory of little angels...

Today while searching ebay for ideas for crafts and fun things for the children to do over Easter I came across a item which touched my heart in a very unexpected way.
It rendered me inconsolable with tears pouring from down my face.
It was someone selling Easter eggs with a teddy all wrapped up beautifully, it wasn't what they were selling so much that got me all emotional it was why they were selling them.
They are trying to raise enough money to pay for their little baby, Harry, born prematurely at just 29 weeks and 5 days a grave stone.

No one should ever have to buy their child a grave stone let alone their tiny baby.
They have a facebook page with the things they are doing to try and raise enough money to mark this little angels grave it is:


If you have a moment maybe take a look and help give this family somewhere to go and remember their little boy.
I know many of you, including myself, have experienced the loss of a child whether it be early, mid or late term pregnancy and so have an idea of the pain this mum and dad are going through.
I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to carry a child until birth and then see them and then have to say goodbye.
For me it was hard enough seeing a scan photo of one of my five losses knowing they had gone.
There is not much we can do to bring comfort to a parent suffering such loss but if we can offer assistance in any way, time and in this case money will be well spent.

Below is a link to a Ebay listing for some Easter eggs and Teddies being sold to help raise some funds for a Gravestone for Harry. Please take a look and if you can buy one and take this family a step closer.

 Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment