Tonight while watching Britain's Got Talent we decided to make it a bit of a date.
So off I went into the kitchen to whip up a yummy treat to enjoy while being.....
The winning snack choice today in our house was Hot Cookie Dough with Ice Cream!!!
So here is how I made it..... so easy!
200g Wholemeal plain Flour
140g white plain flour
(you can use all wholemeal or all white flour depending on taste)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp salt
175g unsalted butter
175g Soft Brown Sugar
175g Golden Caster Sugar
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
150g milk chocolate - I use Green and Black's
150g 85% Dark chocolate - again I love Green and Black's
- Place the butter, golden caster sugar and brown sugar into a mixing bowl and cream until it is light and fluffy
- Now add the vanilla extract and the eggs and mix well
- Add the flour (white flour should be sifted), salt and baking soda and mix until the dough is smooth
- Break up the chocolate into pieces just larger than chocolate chips and fold into the mixture using a wooden spatula
- Place the cookie dough into a oven proof dish and press out with your fingers so it is even throughout the dish, no more than 1cm thick
- Place in a pre-heated oven for 10 minutes at 180C
- Do not allow the cookie to brown or harden!
- Allow to sit for 5 minutes (dough will be extremely hot!)
- Serve with a generous scoop of your favorite ice cream